AEV’s DualSport Suspension Systems have revolutionized off-road suspension engineering. Suspension development at AEV is much more than just increasing lift height, articulation, or fancy components. It’s all about bringing OE-level suspension engineering to the aftermarket to develop a real “dual-sport” suspension that’s capable off-road while still providing unmatched on-road performance and handling.
AEV used an industrial engineering approach to accomplish this. We began with the control arms, track arms, and steering of the JK. Each component’s shape was adjusted to match the JK’s new raised position. Many people are surprised to hear that AEV’s Dualsport Suspensions obtain much of their amazing cornering and braking characteristics from precise geometry. When the geometry is correct, the springs and shocks are not required to compensate for poor performance in these locations.
Once the geometry was perfect, we moved on to the springs, depending on OE techniques once again, which in this case meant frequency tuning. Front and rear, frequency-tuned coil springs have similar oscillation properties, allowing them to function as a matched set. They have the advantage of keeping the JK balanced and in contact with the road, even while driving at high speeds over uneven terrain.
The shock tuning process begins once the springs have been tweaked. Rather than using an off-the-shelf shock tune, we collaborate with Bilstein experts to create a custom tune for our suspension. We spent days evaluating various valving combinations in a variety of simulated driving circumstances at a proving grounds site. We can tune the shocks with an emphasis on mitigating suspension movement, rather than trying to conceal unpleasant handling difficulties caused by bad geometry or spring tuning, thanks to the earlier optimization of AEV’s geometry and coil springs.
Overall, your Dualsport-equipped JK will stay comfortable, balanced, and ready to explore no matter which Dualsport Suspension System you pick, where you drive it, or how you load it.
- Expedition-Ready / Daily-Driven Practical. More so than any of its predecessors, the JK Wrangler is not just a trail-mastering off-road specialist, it’s a truly “street-able” on-road transport too. The AEV DualSport enhances the JK to raise its performance in both arenas.
- Tuned Vehicle Dynamics. The DualSport system has been thoroughly tuned for impeccable behaviour in every situation you might put it in – and especially the ones you didn’t intend to.
- Complete. AEV DualSport JK systems are truly stand-alone packages that include everything needed to elevate your JK properly, including shocks.
– JKS Exhaust Extensions are advised for 2012+ clearance issues
– You’ll need to replace the front driveshaft on any pre-2012 JKs with automatic transmissions with a thinner one.
– The Bilstein Triple C zinc plated finish on the AEV/Bilstein 5100 series shock absorbers is included in this package. To keep its shine, this finish must be maintained on a regular basis. To avoid tarnishing, a protective coating such as wax or lubricating oil should be used, especially in humid conditions. The finish is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Actual lift height may vary depending on vehicle weight.