AEV’s DualSport Suspension Systems have revolutionized off-road suspension engineering. Suspension development at AEV is much more than just increasing lift height, articulation, or fancy components. It’s all about bringing OE-level suspension engineering to the aftermarket to develop a real “dual-sport” suspension that’s capable off-road while still providing unmatched on-road performance and handling.
AEV used an industrial engineering approach to accomplish this. We began with the control arms, track arms, and steering of the JK. Each component’s shape was adjusted to match the JK’s new raised position. Many people are surprised to hear that AEV’s Dualsport Suspensions obtain much of their amazing cornering and braking characteristics from precise geometry. When the geometry is correct, the springs and shocks are not required to compensate for poor performance in these locations.
Once the geometry was correct, we turned our attention to the springs, again relying on OE methods, which in the case of springs means frequency tuning. Frequency-tuned coil springs share harmonious oscillation characteristics that allow them to work as a matched set, front and rear. The benefit is that they help to keep the JK balanced and in contact with the road, even when driven at high speed over rough surfaces.
The shock tuning process begins once the springs have been tweaked. Rather of using an off-the-shelf shock tune, we collaborate with Bilstein experts to create a custom tune for our suspension. We spent days evaluating various valving combinations in a variety of simulated driving circumstances at a proving grounds site. We can tune the shocks with an emphasis on mitigating suspension movement, rather than trying to conceal unpleasant handling difficulties caused by bad geometry or spring tuning, thanks to the earlier optimization of AEV’s geometry and coil springs.
Overall, your Dualsport-equipped JK will stay comfortable, balanced, and ready to explore no matter which Dualsport Suspension System you pick, where you drive it, or how you load it.
- Expedition-Ready / Daily-Driven Practical. The JK Wrangler, more than any of its predecessors, is not just a trail-mastering off-road expert, but also a really “street-able” on-road vehicle. The AEV DualSport kit improves the JK’s performance in both areas.
- Tuned Vehicle Dynamics. The DualSport system has been fine-tuned for flawless performance in whatever circumstance you could find yourself in, including those you didn’t expect to put it in.
- Complete.AEV DualSport JK systems are complete solutions that contain everything you’ll need to properly raise your JK, including shocks.
– For 2012+ clearance issues, JKS Exhaust Extensions are recommended.
– On all pre-2012 JKs with automatic transmissions, you’ll need to replace the front driveshaft with a thinner one.
– The Bilstein Triple C zinc plated finish on the AEV/Bilstein 5100 series shock absorbers is included in this package. To keep its shine, this finish must be maintained on a regular basis. To avoid tarnishing, a protective coating such as wax or lubricating oil should be used, especially in humid conditions. The finish is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Depending on the weight of the vehicle, the actual lift height may vary.
There are no reviews yet.